If you are a parent or carer in Dumfries and Galloway who supports a child with a disability and you would like to join the Parents Inclusion Network, either call Shirley, Louise or Libby on 01387 252683 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Parents Inclusion Network, 1 Midsteeple, High Street, Dumfries, DG1 2BH
We will keep you up to date with meetings, events and training, both local and national. Your details will be kept securely and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
At Parents Inclusion Network we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our members, how we use it and how we keep it secure.
We may change this policy from time to time so please contact us to make sure to keep up to date with our policies.If you have any questions regarding this policy, please email email@example.com or call 01387 252683.
Who are we?
Parents Inclusion Network is a charity based in Dumfries and Galloway which supports families with children with a disability. We are a registered charity Scottish Charity No. SC037461, Scottish Company Number SC301669.
Our address is 1 Midsteeple, Dumfries, DG1 2BH | Tel: 01387 252683 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we collect information about you?
We record information about you when you fill out our membership form or contact us.This include:
- name, address, telephone number, email;
- name, date of birth and disability of children.
We appreciate that some of the information will be sensitive, so please be assured this will be treated sensitively and confidentially in line with GDPR 2018 and that we do not pass on your personal information to anyone outside of the organisation.
How is your information used?
We record your information on our database. We then use your information to:
- provide the support that is relevant to you;
- contact you with information that we feel will be of interest to you: local services, training opportunities, etc.;
- provide you with newsletters that include all our events (6 per year);
- provide our funders with feedback and to apply for further funding. Any information we provide to funders is anonymous;
- notify you of any changes to our service that we feel may have an effect on you.
• The lawful basis for holding your information is to deliver our services in line with the funding / contracts we have in place with various organisations and in line with the organisation’s purposes as set out in the Constitution.
• You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner if you think there is a problem with the way Parents Inclusion Network is handling your information. In the first instance, please direct your complaint to the Service Manager.
• You have the right to be informed of the information we are keeping about you; the right of access to such information; the right to rectification of any errors in the information; the right to erasure of information; and the right to object. We ensure that information that is out-of-date is deleted appropriately.
• You are entitled to ask to see the personal information we hold and all reasonable requests will be met within 30 days at no cost.
Who has access to your information?
We never share your details with anyone outside of Parents Inclusion Network without gaining your individual consent or unless required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or request from Police.
We do not provide any third parties with information on our members. Only staff have access to your information.
- You have a choice whether to consent to us holding your information by choosing Yes or No when filling out our membership form.
- You have the choice to consent to us emailing you with our newsletters and relevant correspondence on our membership form.
- We will not contact you if you have requested that we do not wish to be contacted.
You can change any of these preferences by emailing us at email@example.com.
You have the right to ask us for a copy of the information we hold about you. You can do this through an Information Access Request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security Measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
When you give us your information, we take steps to ensure this information is kept secure. Your membership forms are processed by our staff and then filed in our locked filing cabinet located in our office.
Your details are entered onto our password protected database and saved securely on Google Drive. Google Drive have secure servers in America and the EU.They do not use any servers outside of the EU.
Our website has a security certificate and our mobile phones are password protected.
Your information is also backed up annually onto an encrypted memory stick.
We hold your information until you contact us to say you no longer want to be a member of Parents Inclusion Network. We are also required to keep completed membership forms to evidence the preferences you chose when you became a member.
Links to other websites
Parents Inclusion Network | 1 Midsteeple | Dumfries | DG1 2BH